Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Apparently, You Do Know A Good Contractor! By Dan Polimino.

All I can say is, "WOW"... in response to last week's column about my trials in finding a good contractor. I asked the question, "If you are a good contractor, tell me how we find you?" and the readers of this column responded with an overwhelming number of emails. So many, that I stopped counting and it took me several days to respond to them all. It is my personal policy to respond to everyone who writes me. I think I replied to everyone, but if I missed your email for some reason, please accept my apology and re-send it. There were even some folks who went to my website www.coloradodreamhouse.com, tracked down my phone number, and called me. Which is perfectly ok! Feel free to call me anytime. I am never too busy to help.

The emails and phone calls were fantastic. Some people sent me stories of remodeling projects gone badly. Others sent me glowing testimonials on why they love their tile guy. I had referrals for handy men, flooring people, tile people, roofers, custom builders, electricians, plumbers, landscapers, and everything in between. The good news is that I have so many good references now that I could start my own Angie's list. If you need a reference on a good contractor, just call me and I'll forward one of these many email testimonials.

It was so refreshing to hear some people say, "Dan, I would love to work with you and earn your business." I almost never hear those words anymore and it gave me great confidence again that there are people who are working hard and doing business the right way. It was also great to see the power of people. Just by taking the time to send an email recommending a friend, a colleague, a co-worker, or your husband (the handyman) shows what terrific, hard working people we have in this country.

They say that hindsight is 20/20 and had I known the sheer volume of responses I would receive to the question, "If you are a good contractor, tell me how I find you," I would have changed it to, "DOES ANYONE NEED TO BUY A HOUSE? TELL ME HOW I FIND YOU."

Thanks again and have a great weekend.

Dan Polimino is a Realtor with Fuller Sotheby's International Realty. He can be reached at DPolimino@fullerproperties.com and www.coloradodreamhouse.com/denverpost

No comments:

Post a Comment